Upgrading to Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal
Ubuntu 12.10 is released on 17th October 2012, follow these instructions to upgrade your existing Ubuntu version to 12.10 Quantal Quetzal. You can check out releases page of Quantal Quetzal.
- Open Terminal
- Type ‘update-manager -c -d‘
- The Ubuntu Update manager will be loaded. Click on the button ‘Upgrade‘ on top of the window. If you don’t see the upgrade button there, check the troubleshooting guide at the bottom of this page.
- In the next window, accept the release notes document and click on ‘Upgrade’.
- No backup is needed when you upgrade your distro, but make sure you copy your important document to some external drive.
- Ubuntu upgrade will begin, once completed restart your machine to complete the upgrade.
To Do List after upgrading to Ubuntu 12.10
After your upgrade to Ubuntu 12.10 here is a nice To Do List, accumulated by HowOpenSource.com
If the upgrade command is not found in Ubuntu, you got to do the following setting changes to the Update manager.
- Open the Update manager, (Application -> System Tools -> Administration -> Update Manager ), alternatively you can open from the Software Center.
- Select the Updates tab.
- Change the option in ‘Notify me of a new Ubuntu version‘ to ‘For any new version‘.