PhpMyAdmin increase import size limit
PhpMyAdmin is a part of the famous XAMPP package. It is responsible for managing database, privileges, settings and other key features. One of the common problem faced in XAMPP is the file size limit. There is a default 2 mb limit on the upload size of XAMPP. This issue can be fixed by changing the upload limit size in the PHP.ini file.
No data was received to import. Either no file name was submitted, or the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by your PHP configuration.
This means that the database schema or data that is imported is quite large than the given 2Mb limit.
- Locate the php.ini file. By default in XAMPP it might be located at lampp/etc/. (You might need to be in sudo mode to edit the file).
- Check for the key ‘upload_max_filesize’. Edit the value for 2M(2 Megabyte) to desired value.
PhpMyAdmin Upload FileSize Limit
- Save the file and restart XAMPP (lampp/lampp restart).
- Open PhpMyAdmin and now you will see that the filelimit size is increased to the given value.
- Editing the Php.ini file doesn’t change my size limit.
The only reason this can happen is when the php.ini file that you are editing is not the right configuration file which phpmyadmin is using. Try searching for other occurrences for php.ini.
- Where to find the Php.ini file ?
phpinfo() function will list the absolute path of the php.ini that is being used. You can simply call phpinfo() in a php file to display the information.